hey guys I’ve got some ideas:
- instead of donning fat suits for a day, LISTEN TO AND BELIEVE FAT PEOPLE WHO DESCRIBE THEIR EXPERIENCES
- instead of pretending to be a woman on a dating site, LISTEN TO AND BELIEVE WOMEN WHO DESCRIBE THEIR EXPERIENCES
- instead of wearing a hijab for a day, LISTEN TO AND BELIEVE MUSLIM WOMEN WHO DESCRIBE THEIR EXPERIENCES
- instead of trying on being part of an oppressed group like it’s a costume, DON’T
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451 (via kissnecks)
- Adults: don't talk to your parents like that! they deserve unconditional respect, love, and obedience even though i've never met them and have no idea what kind of people they are
- Adult schoolteacher: Do you want me to call your PARENTS and tell them how you were behaving? *assumes parents aren't abusive*
- Adults: family is awesome!
- Adults: blood is thicker than water!
- Adults: your parents love you!
- Adult media producers: *create thousands of stories where families love each other ~~no matter what~~*
- Adults: It's really easy to get out of abusive families! just tell an adult :)
- Adults: *don't teach kids how to recognize abuse*
- Adults: *normalize physical abuse as 'discipline'*
- Adults: It's hard to take anything kids say seriously haha
- Adults: *takes abusive parents' word over their kids'*
Feminism is knowing that you don’t have to wear things to impress a man
Feminism is also knowing that it’s okay to wear things to impress a man if you want to